Well, as i said in previous post, Updating Slackware I took the following steps: Adjusted /etc/slapt-get/slapt-getrc to point to the newer release:

...SOURCE=http://slackware.perespim.ru/pub/slackware-10.2/...

After that, i did the following:

slapt-get --dist-upgrade --ignore-excludes --download-onlyslapt-get --install kernel --no-upgradeslapt-get --dist-upgrade --ignore-excludes

And adjusted /etc/lilo.conf to point to the new kernel

After a reboot, all is up and running. Also, previously this machine was rebooting itself after 20-25 hours of work. Now it has a 3 days uptime already :)

Comments